MSc Strategy, Change and Leadership is a part-time Executive master’s for professionals who want to build on their management experience and progress their leadership career.
Tuition fees can be funded by the organisation you work for, or through a combination of individual and organisation funding.
Andy Foxon (Freelance Consultant, Operations Management), student on the programme, shares his top 10 tips for getting funding from your workplace.
Asking an employer to fund tuition and time off can be tricky. The employer is likely to expect a return on their investment. It’s important to consider this and express what going “back to school” whilst working means to you. Likewise, explaining your anticipated finance and personal sacrifice.
- Carry out research.
- Form a business case.
- Suggest the possible benefits. For example: company success, transformation, enhancement, knowledge, and skills.
- Propose a reimbursement contract and submit the set period. Be aware, any withdraw prior to the period conclusion activates the reimbursement, pro rata. Be prepared to negotiate the contract.
- Advise the company that an employee’s work-related education is a deductible business expense.
- Issue the timetable (22 days in total, only 16 days away from work, of which four days are in 2022 and twelve days in 2023). This can add weight to your case (visibility of you working six Saturdays in your own time).
- Indicate that you will take the time off as annual holiday, if required.
- Pay for the first-year tuition, as this shows commitment, and the likelihood is that the company will reimburse you.
- Inform the company that you will go forward with the course, nevertheless.
- Speak to the decision maker or head of HR.
Andy Foxon, MSc Strategy, Change and Leadership student.
There is also further information on funding for prospective UK, EU and international postgraduate students.
The expected application closure date for the programme is 31st July 2022. Early applications are recommended; places may fill before the deadline. Please get in touch if you wish to apply and the deadline has passed.
Find out more MSc Strategy, Change and Leadership