Top Tips for International Students!

Management Society Student President We met up with Lucia, Student President of our Management Society to find out all about her experiences as an international student athe University of Bristol. 

How did you prepare before travelling to the UK?  

Before travelling to the UK, I visited the University of Bristol website. It contained all the information I needed about the units I was going to be taught and I made sure I read through them all, so I felt prepared for when I arrived. As well as this, I did some research on the School of Management YouTube playlist and watched videos such as Discover life in Bristol and A Day in the Life of a Management Student.

Your first week

The Welcome Week fair was a brilliant place to find a society that you might be interested in joining. It’s also the perfect place to try new things. I’m now the President of the Management Society and we would love to have you join us!  

Find out more about what’s happening at Welcome Week 2021.

Here’s all the societies you could join.

What’s the School of Management like? 

Being part of the School of Management is great, the lecturers are all so helpful and friendly and really go out of their way to make you understand the work and assist in any way they can.  

As long as you’re organised, you’re sure to succeed in your studies here! I’ve also made some amazing friends who I’m sure will be friends for life.  

Tell us about Bristol 

Bristol is the perfect place to come to university. It’s very easy to walk or cycle around, has lots of green spaces which are great for picnics, you can visit the harbourside to sit by the water or walk up to the Clifton Suspension Bridge for stunning views across the city. There are so many different food places and coffee shops to try and lovely boutique style shops.  

Check out our blog Top 5 things to do (and see) in Bristol.

New experiences

New adventures are always very exciting but at the same time it’s understandable if you’re feeling a bit nervous. My recommendation is to just throw yourself into life at university and in Bristol. Meet and learn from others, explore the city and of course focus on your studies. Try to have a nice blend between your academic work and personal hobbies and don’t be afraid to try new things. It’s fascinating, you’ll have the best time!  

We can’t wait to welcome you to Bristol.